3.28.2007

FO: Shopping Tunic


Another Twinkle sweater. This was a real quickie! It only took about 3 nights of knitting to complete. Loved the design of this and the pattern was very clever. The sweater is knit in the round, in one piece, and then flipped inside out so that the purl side faces out. I finally got to use the Soft Chunky yarn that I had stalked since the book came out, and it was worth the wait. I am only sorry that I couldn't have waited to use it for the Best Friend Cardigan. It is so soft, drapey, cushy, in fabulous colors and decent yardage for the chunk. It has a lovely pearlescent sheen that makes it look as luxurious as it feels. Obviously, I like this sweater. It's the first Twinkle sweater that didn't have to grow on me before I wanted to wear it outside the house
I love the pockets.

Details: Shopping Tunic from Twinkle's Big City Knits. Used 3.25 skeins of Soft Chunky in "Urchin". I knit the xs size and lengthened both the body and the cowl by 2" each. If I hadn't added to the length by 4", I may not have needed to break into the 4th skein. The pattern actually calls for 7 skeins of the stuff, but I learned from this blogger's experience http://knitlit.blogspot.com/2007/03/twinkle-dust.html#links, that I could get away with 4 skeins. Thanks for saving me some $$$!

I got my spring/summer 07 Vogue Knitting and have fallen in love with this:

I'm such a sucker for knit dresses. Actually, I am a big fan of dresses and wear one almost every day. I really like to feel feminine, but I also find them comfortable and they make getting getting dressed for the day really easy- one piece and then you're done, a no-brainer. So I could see myself wearing it a lot. I would make it shorter since this would most likely be longer than knee length on a shorty like myself. I think the Filatura di Crosa "Zara" that i used for my capecho would be perfect for this, light and soft yet durable. I'm gonna swatch it up and see what happens!

18 comments:

knitlit kate said...

love your shopping tunic. i just finished mine last weekend but i think i like the color you made it in better than my kelly green one. i feel a little like a starbucks barrista in mine. is the color urchin?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You did a great job and it looks WONDERFUL on you!

Unknown said...

I love love all your twinkle's knits. You look amazing in it :)

Vouray said...

That Tunic is my favorite of Twinkle knits so far! Brilliant...

Anonymous said...

Your Twinkles knits all look fantastic, I'm going to have to take another look at her patterns

Ivete Tecedor said...

Gorgeous! I just found your blog through the Twinkle Flickr group so I added you to my blogroll. I like all your projects! I want to knit this tunic for myself but I'm not sure it will work on someone with a fairly big rack . . .

Ivete Tecedor said...

Oh and I forgot to add, I love that Vogue dress too! I was thinking of making it shorter so that it's more of a tunic and less of a dress, and I think Zara sounds like a great yarn sub, since and stretchy with great memory.

Sandra Eileen said...

I really think you did a wonderful job on this piece. It looks great.

Brooke Medlin said...

oh my goodness - this is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Is absolutely fabulous!!! I want one now!!!

Ivete Tecedor said...

me again. I just bought the yarn and started this, what did you do for the pockets? The instructions make no sense whatsoever, I've decided to sew the pockets on last as patch pockets and ignore all the knitting them in stuff. . ..

pamela wynne said...

this turned out great! I kind of resent that you keep making me re-think the Twinkle book. :)

Unknown Dater said...

Thanks for knitting so many twinkle knits! I wasn't so interested in the book until I saw your photos on Flickr!

soknitpicky said...

LOVE the shopping tunic! And I was eyeingh the knit dress in VK too, though I'm not sure I could pull off wearing it. I'm anxiously awaiting yours :-)

Ninabeena said...

the tunic looks great and you can tell how luscious the yarn is just from the photos...dually noted! :-)

Anonymous said...

i love that tunic. it looks fabulous. Those pockets are so adorable.

Team Knit said...

love your tunic, as you probably know I've been eyeing it since you made it ! lol