3.06.2008

FO: Vogue Swing Jacket





Finally! It took two sick days spent in bed with two seasons of Weeds to get all the loose ends tucked away. I'm still not completely satisfied. The front openings of the sweater are curling away from me like a mofo. I'm gonna need to either go back to the blocking board or sew a lining in. I also think my short rows look kinda messy, and I wish I had done the sweater in darker color palette overall to hide the chunky short rows better.

I am happy with it overall. The knitting was really fast and enjoyable and I love how the changes in color define the shape of the jacket.



Details: Pattern by Shiri Mor from Vogue Knitting winter 2007/8, smallest size. 7 skeins of Cascade Superwash in aran, white, charcoal, and black purchased from Knitty City. I only used superwash because I liked the colors the shop had in superwash better than those in 220.

19 comments:

Meghan said...

What a cool pattern! I especially like the garter rings around the shoulders.

Lesley said...

Squee!!!!! I love it! I just saw it over on Ravelry and had to pop on over here to tell you that I love it.

And I second the comment about the garter rings.

Ivete Tecedor said...

very nice! Looks like a fun knit, too, congrats!

handknit168 said...

It is a very cool pattern and beautiful on you.

Becky-Dee said...

hey! you are back! Fabulous jacket. looks great on you!

em tricote said...

ths is gorgeous!!

congratulations, it is a very stylish FO!

Heather said...

I think it looks gorgeous! You should be really happy with it.

jenna said...

It looks amazing in the photos!! What a unique design and it looks great on you!

Team Knit said...

It looks amazing! love that last picture of you, it's magazine/model quality! I know what you mean about short rows, I'm always disappointed with how messy mine look, too. I've been wanting to experiment with the Japanese method of short rows- they do something that doens't involve wrapping the stitch.

- Julie

Knitterella said...

Oh man, I think it's freakin' fabulous!!!

kelli ann said...

looks great anne! congrats on a beautiful knit. i'm glad to see this off the pages of vogue. i have to admit, i would have never given it a second thought until seeing yours!

lekkercraft said...

It's fantastic, Anne, and it looks really great on you. Looks like it would be fun to knit, too. You always have such nice photos.

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! I didn't even notice it in the mag, but I love yours!!

m said...

It's gorgeous- I love the colors- like a navajo blanket- and it has such an elegant shape.
It looks great on you, or, you look great in it- take your pick!
really beautiful work...

CassieMarie said...

I LOVE it!
It really looks great on you, and the tank top you wore under it looks perfect with it. :)

the girl said...

i think it turned out beautifully. congrats on all the end-weaving--you are a more patient woman than i...

Oksana said...

Ug, weaving ends is a pain. Your sweater looks really cool! Great job!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

it's gorgeous, i think you did a wonderful job. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! It looks very difficult to knit.