7.06.2008

FO: Phildar Backless Tee

It's all seamed up, the weather is just right, my sunburn is gone, so today is finally the perfect day to take my new top out to the park.



I have to admit, this was a boooooring knit. As much as I love Gigi, I don't think I can do another stockinette heavy project after this.



I love backless tops, but I had to make sure to knit this on smaller needles than I normally would, just so that there wouldn't be any sheer peekaboo action in the front.

no nips, right?


I bought a 10 skein bag of this yarn on ebay ages ago, and thought it was going to be a soft buttercup yellow. I was horrified when it arrived in all of its acid lime glory. Luckily I held on to it- neons and brights grew on me, and the yarn was perfect for the pattern. Stashbuster!



Details: Pattern from Phildar Printemps Ete 2008, pull #486-T7-491, English translation. I used about 5 skeins of Noro Lily, but can't be sure because I have knit and frogged this yarn a couple of times, and some of the wound balls were partial skeins. Knit with size 5 bamboo straights.

25 comments:

juicyknits said...

That is sexy! And your necklase looks cute. A great top - it looks perfect on you. Not all of us have a figure for tops like that (envy sounds).

Michele said...

Very cute! I love the color. Are you in Central Park?

shopgirl said...

Hi Michele, thanks! and yes, that's Central Park. I'm lucky to live a couple blocks away from the w72nd st entrance:)

Gudrun Johnston said...

That is gorgeous and I love how back less tops look....tres sexy! I could never get away with it...have to wear a bra....always!

jenna said...

Very cool. I'm in a similar buttercup yellow/lime green yarn situation, myself---you've given me hope that the right pattern will present itself someday! :)

allie said...

Oh my god. That is absolutely adorable. I absolutely love it.

chookie said...

very nice! and no nips at all! :)

Team Knit said...

It's so, so lovely!! I'm suddenly dying to knit one, to- but I'm a sucker for acres of stockinette, I find it really zen. I love how it's backless, just gorgeous. I haven't tried a Phildar pattenr before, I wans't sure about how it would translate- but I guess with all that stockinette, it would be pretty straightforward!!

You did a great job. And way to stashbust!

- Julie

em said...

looks great - love the neon/acid colour ... i'm about to knit Gigi but fear the mindless stockinette ... but thank goodness it is cropped

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, it looks great on you!!

margaux said...

wow i really love this!! off to the phildar website... great job!

lekkercraft said...

Cute, Anne! You really make that color work. The back is hot, and I love the rest of it in the stockinette. I love it!

erngrn said...

That looks great! Is there a secret english stash of Phildar patterns that you have tucked away somewhere? Man, i looked all over the website trying to find something in english but there was very little... unless I just don't know how to work the internet.

maitai said...

whoa, so sexy! look at that back! i could never pull it off, as i am terribly flat-chested, but it looks great on you! and i totally, totally love the color. i'm glad it's grown on you.

Susan said...

That is sooo sexy and chic! Fab job.

Julia said...

Fabulous! Wear it with pride for all of us jealous ladies that can't go braless!

Sandra said...

that is so hawt.

Faith said...

That's a flipping awesome knit. The color, the style, the fit... It's perfect!

Anonymous said...

It is very nice and very sexy.

A greeting

Unknown said...

how where you able to translate the pattern. It looks B-E-A-utiful.

the fabled needle (jen) said...

you are a brave woman. ;) looks amazing on you! and somehow the color works.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful !!! :) <3

Glenn said...

oh wow - you're gorgeous - what a great back

Robyn said...

Oh, I love this! What a great design, might have to whip one up for myself. Love love love the colour, too.