8.27.2006

Two Down, Sixteen to Go.



I am now a little ahead of schedule. I went through two balls this last week, and am only on row 23. However, my wrist started acting up, so I think I may have to take it more slowly on the blanket for the next few days. It's starting to get a little big and heavy.




Since the blanket is no longer portable, I finally cast on for Rusted Root. I always need to have a project that fits in my purse, and this should be easier on my bum wrist. However, I don't like Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. It's splitty and not as soft as the yarn I used for Green Gable, Rowan Wool Cotton, but the upside is that it costs half the price of the Rowan yarn. I had to go down one needle size to get gauge, but will use the suggested needle size for the sleeves. I have been following the knitalong on craftster, and it seems that the knitters who went down in needle size also lost the puffiness of the sleeves, which is the last thing that I want to happen.

On Thursday, my boss took me to the San Francisco shoe show to help out with buying the Spring '07 shoes. It was a blast, and we picked out so many beautiful shoes for the store. I am sample size, so she brings me along to make sure that the shoes fit properly before we order them. I spent 10 hours trying on shoes, and got paid for it. Not a bad job, right? We saw Giraudon, Castaner, Coclico, Chie Mihara, DKNY, Ted Baker, Camper, Luc Berjin, Repetto, Arche, and many more new lines that are just starting out. The spring lineup doesn't arrive until mid-December, and it is always exciting to see how our customers react to the shoes, and to see which ones sell out and which become lonely wallflowers.

No comments: