8.17.2006

The Wait is Over!


My yarn has finally arrived from WEBS, and I can't wait to get started on the neverending blanket. Am I really going to make it through those 18 skeins?

On Wednesday, I got an invite to a friend's baby's first birthday barbecue, so I decided to make a little gift for the occasion. I am planning to finish her off before I cast on for the blanket. Unfortunately, Bobby and I are starting to grow a little attached to her, and I don't want to let her go. I'd like to make another- maybe a bigger, pillow sized version for our couch.

Meet Kate, designed by San Francisco's own Jess Hutchison:

I'm gonna miss her when she's gone.

1 comment:

moirae said...

Re: Saffron Cables

YEP, we're crazy. I'm in the third skein of yarn. I was trying to do 5 rows a day and now I'm two days behind. Anyway, I'm on row 19 and I've done 6 1/4" (including the 3" border). I'm using ADDI turbos and I've only just realized their sizes are a little bit off sometimes. It's a blanket so it will turn out fine regardless.

It gets easier once you set up the cables. Then you can stop looking at the pattern so much and look more at what you've already done.

Good luck!